Benefits of Therapeutic Massage
Massage therapy can provide significant benefits to improve quality of life by:
– Improving circulation to muscles
– Increasing flexibility and range of motion
– Reducing tissue inflammation
– Speed up recovery from soft tissue strains or injuries
– Increasing athletic performance, endurance, and recovery
– Helping to manage overactive parasympathetic fight or flight response which can cause anxiety, depression, insomnia, migraine headaches, and digestive problems
Who Can Immediately Benefit From Massage
Because of the daily abuse the body receives, everyone can benefit from receiving a massage on a regular basis, however, those who find the greatest benefits from regular therapeutic massages are people who suffer from:
– daily chronic pain
– frequent pain and tightness in the back, shoulders or neck
– hip pain or sciatica pain
– sore feet
– sore hands, wrists and forearms
– reduced range of motion/difficulty in fully bending at hips, in neck, in shoulders, in knees, in ankles with or without pain
– migraines or frequent tension headaches
– anxiety disorders
– sports injuries or overworked muscles/joints
– surgery recovery
– trouble sleeping due to overactive mind
– people with conditions like fibromyalgia, myofascial pain syndrome, and temporomandibular joint pain.
What is the difference between a Spa Massage and a Therapeutic Massage?
A therapeutic massage is similar to but different from a spa massage. The focus of a spa massage is primarily to provide relaxation by reducing muscle tension and relieving stress. A therapeutic massage is catered to your specific body pains and injuries with a focus on reducing pain and inflammation, increasing range of motion, and improving the quality of life. A therapeutic massage uses the body’s natural healing abilities to help speed up healing by increasing blood flow while decreasing inflammation and pain. A therapeutic massage includes a body update interview each appointment to get feedback on prior issues treated and to identify areas needing immediate attention. Each appointment concludes with a treatment plan to help you to achieve a daily life with less pain or even pain free!
Risks of Massage
If it is your first time getting a massage or if you haven’t had a massage in a while, soreness and bruising may occur after a massage until your muscles get used to being manipulated.
Massage may not be appropriate for those with:
- Healing wounds
- Bleeding disorders or taking blood-thinning medication
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Severe thrombocytopenia
- Severe osteoporosis
- Unexplained pain
- Pregnancy with complications
- Some types of cancer
If you have any of the above please consult your medical doctor to discuss if massage therapy is an appropriate treatment plan for you.
I am Licensed Massage Therapist Kim Crinella and I specialize in helping people reduce pain and improve the quality of life using natural holistic wellness modalities. In person therapy services are available on the island of Oahu, Hawaii. Reiki and crystal therapy services are available anywhere in the World.
Natural Wellness Pain Therapy with
Licensed Massage Therapist Kim Crinella
Massage Therapy, Cupping Therapy, Gua Sha Therapy, Sonic Massage Therapy, K-Taping, Crystal Therapy, Reiki Energy Therapy, Chakra Balancing
If you are in pain message me!